Hello, Newbie from Notts.

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

Spark135
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Hello, Newbie from Notts.

Post by Spark135 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:01 am

Hi everyone. After visiting your Stand at the N.E.C. yesterday, I was prompted to say "hello" by John (aka sparky135).

I purchased my first MG after almost 30 years of TR7 ownership in the summer, a 135 Spark for my partner, Lyn, to run as a second car during the warmer months. By coincidence, John also owns the same Limited Edition in the same colour of Sonic Blue, so we had something in common from the start.

Apart from the TR7V8 D/H in Persian Aqua which I've owned since 1985, my everyday transport is a modified Toyota Celica Gen 7, and I hope to be of help to some of you in areas such as detailing and also wheels and tyres.

The Register doesn't seem to have a sub section for the East Midlands, or am I missing something?

Regards..Kev.

Chris Tideswell
Model of Car: TF 135

Re: Hello, Newbie from Notts.

Post by Chris Tideswell » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:13 am

Welcome :D

There isn't an East Midlands section as such but the Midlands/heart of England section covers both ends of the A/M42 for things like main events and Sunday lunch meet up's. You don't say exactly where you are but I would say have a look for a local MG club but that can be a bit of a problem in Notts.

www.mgcars.org.uk/mgccmidlandcentre/index7.html

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Kev,
and welcome :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

sparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Post by sparky135 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi Kev.

Great to talk to you on Saturday and pleased you made it onto the forum.

Firstly, welcome to the MGF Register forums and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Whereabouts in Notts are you? I'm sure you told me on Saturday but I spoke to many, many people over the weekend and can't just recall where you said you were.

We do have a Midland section (Heart of England) which may be accessible to you. Drop in to the Heart of England forum and say Hi. I'm sure you will be made welcome and there may be some meets accessible to you.

As you are East Mids, keep an eye out in the coming days for a New Region we are hoping to announce. This may be easier for you. Watch this space. ;)

In the meantime, join in on the forum and feel free to add anything you think will be of interest.

Don't forget, we are having an MGF Register Xmas Lunch on the 5th December at the Dog House near Abingdon All are welcome and it would be an ideal opportunity to meet up with fellow MGF Register members.

:thumbsu:
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk

Keith Williams
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Welcome to the MGF Register forum Kev :thumbsu:

Keep an eye on the Midlands area of the forum for local events. We try to have a pub natter and a Sunday lunch once per month. This month the Sunday lunch may be different so watch the midlands area of the forum for details.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Spark135

Post by Spark135 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome you guys :)

I'm a few miles north of Nottingham, John. I'll be involved with the Chesterfield MG Group next year (the Membership Secretary there has yet another 135 Spark in Sonic), but I'll also keep a close eye on what's happening on this Forum too. A new region would be great, Lyn and I would be very interested as we are keen to learn about the TF and the mods. available.

sparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Post by sparky135 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:36 pm

These Sonic Blue Sparks are common as muck aren't they. :lol:

Please do keep a close eye on the forum. And many thanks for the offer of the assistance. I'll certainly bear it in mind.

Speak to you soon. :thumbsu:
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk