Thames Valley alive again!!!!

The region for Oxfordshire, South Bucks, Berkshire.

Moderator: Worzel

NoseyParker
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: Tf le500

Thames Valley alive again!!!!

Post by NoseyParker » Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 am

A big thank you to all those who showed up last night at the Cunning Man in Burghfield for my first monthly natter and the first in the Thames Valley for a while.

It was so nice to see our lovely cars with tops down in the car park admidst all those horrible euroboxes, although John if you will persist in parking in disabled bays dont do it in a bright yellow Trophy!!!

The photo line up and our group shot will be uploaded to this thread once Mel has e mailed the pics to me.

What a great evening the weather was fantastic and the company even warmer. I know we didnt discuss too many future meets etc but i thought as a "get to know" exercise it worked well and there seemed to be a warm spirit amongst us.

It appeared we would all like to go on some organised runs meeting up in various locations and having a destination point for a lunch or a beer. The treasure hunt seemed like it could be a winner as did a trip to thruxton all of which can be discussed in greater detail at the next meet. Overall it was a pleasure to meet like minded people who just wanted to show their cars off and have some fun along the way. Not forgetting the hard-top relay which could be another jolly.

I am away for a week or so from Thursday and when im back i will diary another meet for us i hope at this stage the cunning man will suffice??? at which point we can put pen to paper and build from there.

Might be a good idea at the next meeting to swap e mails etc unless we all agree the forum is the best place to communicate

Rob

YOUNG
Model of Car: TF Spark

Re: Thames Valley alive again!!!!

Post by YOUNG » Thu May 24, 2012 5:58 am

Could not agree with you more Rob. It was good to see all new and friendly faces. Lets hope this area will now grow

Rogerg
MGF Register Region: South East

Post by Rogerg » Fri May 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Excellent evening look forward to the next one
Don't really know how this system works but then I never read instructions anyway
How about 2 trophies present and one ex opener as well !
Let's keep in touch

Stan_B
Model of Car: tf 115

Post by Stan_B » Sun May 27, 2012 10:31 am

Yes, a good meeting and nice choise of pub. Quite easy for us to get to and it's not the M4s fault its boring.
Looking forward to the pics and pleased to say the TF emerged unscarred from the packed car park.

NoseyParker
Model of Car: Tf le500

Post by NoseyParker » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:19 am

Im back now from sunny france although im led to understand the weather this side of the channel has been good. Cant see that today but who knows.

Anyway as promised the picture from the first meet at the cunning man. Sorry about the quality but things will improve i promise. Please bear in mind it was dark and taken on a phone, i was hoping, rather like a wine, the longer i left it the more it would improve!!!

Enjoy and in the next few days once settled back in i will confirm a date for the next meet. Just need to avoid any England matches!!! Watch this space

Rob
Attachments
Pictures will improve for this region i promise!!
Pictures will improve for this region i promise!!