interesting

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

robbie1003
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: mgf 1.8mpi mk2

interesting

Post by robbie1003 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Bigfootmgf
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8

Re: interesting

Post by Bigfootmgf » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 am

Yes interesting he calls it a race car but no roll cage! But can't be used on the road as not road legal!
So either way not much use...
Turbo placement interesting tho
Paul

Mod's cost money that you don't have or you could have if you did not have mods!

Bigfootmgf youtube Channel
SE MGF Facebook page

ErikB
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF PTP RT-Sport 165

Post by ErikB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:52 am

Thinking out of the box ....

Actually he calls it a trackday car, whih makes it even more complex as propably the majority of the trackdays need a street legal car.
Nice start of a project, but you need wipers, demisterand and windows if you've got a hardtop.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:57 pm

The car is a little odd - I think - in terms of the decisions made.

Trust me, I get the weight saving :) But why loose the windscreen wipers? We live in the UK. It rains. Even on track.

He has a racing hardtop (same as mine) - which I think is a great idea. It's lighter than the original hood, and is more aerodynamic. But removing the windows means more aerodynamic drag? Also, if no windows, why leave the door trims? When I was thinking of removing windows, I was also thinking of taking off the windscreen (and that means no wipers and no roof - lots of weight saved!)

Perhaps this is a project evolution that has now changed direction. Which is cool. That happens. :)

The turbo installation should work - although the oil scavenge system is a necessary byproduct of moving the turbo. The turbo is also quite a long way from the head, so there is a risk of increased lag. I've been thinking turbo conversions recently as many will know, and that is not where I'd personally put the snail! But, as usual, there is more than one way to skin a cat! :)