General thoughts about Kempenrit 09/10

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

General thoughts about Kempenrit 09/10

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:52 pm

I have put this here as I don't want to distract from the pictures section.

As we have said this year's Day BeFore and kempenrit (or the Day and the Day aFter) was probably the best ever so I say a very big thank you for those who attended and made it the great weekend it was. We must all say a big thank you to mgf.be (all of them) and the MGCC Antwerp who actually organise the Kempenrit event, I know how much effort goes in to organising events this good so well done to you all :thumbsu:

You will have the flavour of the event from the pictures (thanks to those putting up people pictures too, it's not all about cars :) ) it was one of those events where everything went to plan, when we needed to be somewhere it all worked, when things were flexible, that too worked, you do make things easy this way :thumbsu: He he, even the car park tickets failed to beat us this year ;)

The hotel, as always, was perfect with Hannelore and her staff being everywhere and doing everything for us, you may have seen on the counter the room rates, compare them to what we pay and you will see the bargain we actually get. JohnP giving the room keys to his suite was a laugh with people visiting just to see the quality (he has already reserved the same room next year :lol: so have Barry and June I will add). She loved the picture we all signed for her, she couldn't display it quick enough on the counter, so here I'm asking the first favour, can any of you who have been there before, especially the 2006 inaugral trip send me any pictures in or of the hotel for Hannelore, this is all in preparation for the 5th anniversary party next year, this is not a play on words but Hannelore really wants a party and we are the only guests as the hotel's books are closed for the whole weekend, it's only for us as we were her first guests. Bruno may be able to help as he supplied the MG decorations on the first weekend.

On to the second request, if anybody has something MG they can decorate the hotel with, please let me know if you can bring it too, things like dealer flags, posters, pictures and the like that can be easily carried.

2010 may seem like a long way off but there is a reason for putting this up now, as you know not only do we have the 5th anniversary of the hotel, we also have the 10th anniversary of Kempenrit, MGF15 and (ashamed to say :oops: I forgot), the 5th edition of the mgf.be Day BeFore. Next year's Kempenrit, we have been assured will be something special so will the party in the hotel Hannelore has told me, so to that effect we have to do something special, hence the reason we need names now of those that want to come back and those that want to attend for the first time because when the hotel is full, it will be full, simple as that, anybody else will have to stay at another nearby hotel (probably the Wolsack). Anybody travelling on their own could free up a room by sharing if you think this is possible.

We are planning commemorative T shirts for both events, a birthday cake, a few surprises for Hannelore will be planned (here I'm really asking for suggestions from you) so please get in touch with me as soon as you know you can make it, it's the 21st & 22nd August, we may come home a little later on the Monday as we are going for a bike ride in the morning (we've done boats, walking brewery tours so it's something different next year) and Hannelore and her father will lead the way along the riverside. You all know the rooms by now, cosy, style (a little bigger) and the massive lux, I will have the availabilities so I can liaise with Hannelore regularly, if you have been before can you tell me how many times, it appears that there are a few that have been on all four so far :thumbsu: . Hannelore likes the idea of providing us with Hotel Vé 5th anniversary T shirts, I need sizes from those that are in the hotel, that can be done later, nearer the time as sizes may change in another year :roll:

Beer, now that's got your attention :P , Hannelore was so sorry that they ran out of Duvel on the Sunday night, I think it happened around 1.30 in the morning, she said it will not happen next year so she will order in extra, but she likes the idea of serving Mechelen beers and lagers, so we have had a wicked idea :twisted: a hotel Ve card could be provided with them all listed so we can tick them off when they have been drunk, what do you think ? One free after five maybe ?

Those of you that said on Monday you will be there will be put on the list now, John and Christine will be added today. I have others already who wish to join so please if you are certain let me know.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Re: General thoughts about Kempenrit 09/10

Post by colintf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:59 pm

thanks Adrian, I'll be bringing the 260, and will see what Dealer promo stuff I can cram into it!

Wow - and that's just based on what we now know about next years event!!

8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Herbie
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by Herbie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Fantastic post and brilliant ideas so far Adrian !

I'll have to think about and try to partake developing ideas etc. by the time. As I've posted earlier, I am endlessly thankful to all organizers from mgf.be and the MGCC Antwerp for all the efforts they put into this weekend making it such a brilliant weekend all of the time.

Hannelore and her team deserve a superb party, I am sure it'll be a cracker. I just checked my stays and made a mistake signing the pic (3rd year instead of 4th, been there every time as well).

We could get a nice MGF/TF 1:18 model with an attached Hotel Vé flag or the like and every one signs it. Hotel Vé special edition resprayed in the colours dark red / white to make it special.

Adrian, massive thanks to YOU as well, can't say it often enough. Your efforts are just fantastic !
MGF 1.8i - Nighfire Red (CAQ)
Daytona Backbox - Piper Sports Cat - 52mm TB - TF Steering Rack - TF 80th LE elements - Compliance Washers - Clear Indicators - Assorted Bling

Luc

Post by Luc » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi Guys,

You can count on us for next year !!!

colintf

Post by colintf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Luc wrote:Hi Guys,

You can count on us for next year !!!
does that include Laura (The Sun) as well Luc?? I hope so, you excelled yourselves with the weather this year!!

8-)

Colin Murrell

Luc

Post by Luc » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:54 pm

I will ask her! :D

colintf

Post by colintf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Luc wrote:I will ask her! :D
That would please us all Luc !!!

8-)

Colin Murrell

Kasper
Model of Car: MGF vvc

Post by Kasper » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:08 pm

Count us in! No Doubt.
MGFvvc - 90FVBG - charcoal - you might think it is original - (1996 nr:8204)
MGTF 120 - 57RNJ7 - BRG - every day is an MG day - (2005)
MGC CGT - SJ08DY - tartan red - 1985 restauration fairly original - (1968 nr: 4137)

http://www.MGF.be

Neil Rushton
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: TF135

Post by Neil Rushton » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:38 pm

As we said over the weekend we'll be there next year...
Perhaps we should take a selection of English beers for our Belgian friends to try?
Kawasaki KLX250
Skoda Citigo 75hp!!!
A share in an English Electric Lightning F6 fighter!!!!

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Neil Rushton wrote:As we said over the weekend we'll be there next year...
Perhaps we should take a selection of English beers for our Belgian friends to try?
What !!! and be laughed out of the country ? Nice try Neil, for one minute I thought you wre serious there :o

Luc/Kasper, please mention or copy this thread over on mgf.be (I'll try to get there later) the invite goes to you all of course, some of you will have been to all four previous events.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm

I've had huge response to this we will definitely overfill the hotel, Hakan has asked for 10 rooms for his Swedish contingent. He was always coming to the 2010 event anyway.

RoadRunner
Model of Car: 2001 MPi

Post by RoadRunner » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Great initiative Adrian, we had such a wonderfull time there on our first tour ever.

If there's a list, put us on it. Nothing's gonna get in our way.

As I understand it you want to make MaanRock look like a childsparty.

Ton & Gea
Ton & Gea Terpstra

MG TF 80th Anniversary Pearl Black

Bruno
Model of Car: Modified MGF VVC 180

Post by Bruno » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm

We will be there also (Inge and me).
Adrian, You may count on me for the decoration like the first year. I will also see with Hanelore what special things we can plan.
For me it's also the 5 time offcorse, even the 10'th Kempenrit we are joining. Never missed one ! ;)
- VOLCANO MGF '180' VVC
- 8-On-Track racers : MG ZR 2.0 VGK racer / Rover 114 Cupracer white / Rover 114 cupracer Evo yellow

sparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Post by sparky135 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 am

Chris and I are definitely up for this next year. We would love to have gone this year but just so much else going on at the moment. I did mention it in another thread but can you put us on the list for 2010 please Adrian.

Many thanks. :thumbsu:
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk

YOUNG
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: TF Spark

Post by YOUNG » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am

Adrian count us both in with suitable room Just hope next year Norfolk line have a simlar deal with a busy time ahead ANN SIMON

Dave J
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: Poseidon TF160

Post by Dave J » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 pm

hi Adrian & peeps
count Anne and myself in for 2010 please :D
fantastic weekend and probably be even better next year
ps room 301 again please :thumbsu:
herts@mgfregister.org

2004 monogram Poseidon TF160
2003 monogram Lagoon TF135
2017 MG3

James Curgenven
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MG ZT 260 SE #455

Post by James Curgenven » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Chrissie and I will certainly be there. I was there in 2006 and will definitely want to get back for the 5th year!

Even if it is in the bus :lol:
---
Loud & Proud!

John Ponting
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG Motor TF LE500 20

Post by John Ponting » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:21 pm

When Simon talked about a cycle ride on the Monday morning I thought it sounded brilliant.

I've just visited the Hotel website and see that they now arrange cycle breaks

Packages | Bicylcle arrangement - NEW

You enjoy a biketour in the wonerful nature around Mechelen, combined with relaxing in our hotel.

We dispose of the following routes:
Fietsknooppunten
The 8 of Zemst - 54 kilometers
The chicory route - 39 kilometers
The Brabant Kempenroute - 45 kilometers
The Broek route - 41 kilometers
The Gardeners route - 49 kilometers
The Dijlevalley route - 22 of 34 kilometers

I'm guessing that OUR trip along the canal will be a lot shorter.

Neil Rushton
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: TF135

Post by Neil Rushton » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 pm

I hope its more in the region of 1 or 2 Ks!!!
Kawasaki KLX250
Skoda Citigo 75hp!!!
A share in an English Electric Lightning F6 fighter!!!!

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Streuth John, I certainly hope so, Dawn and I are up for a couple of km's along the river, I hope the bikes have soft cuddly saddles (for Dawn of course :thumbsu: ).

News on the hotel, one cosy left (18/19), all style rooms are taken (11) and there is just 1 of 6 Lux's left. So, in other words there are just two rooms left, if anybody wants to upgrade please let me know that may help somebody get a cosy or a style.

Everybody who has asked for a room has been included, either via the forum, text message or in person during the last stay.

Thanks for the MG decorations Bruno, I mentioned this to Hannelore at the weekend, she is quite happy to have her hotel suitably dressed again.

Ton, not really like a child's party, we don't know yet if the dates will be the same, if they are we will just have to live with it and join in as we did this year, but nothing will distract our party (THE PARTY). Thanks for joining in with so many new people, it was great to meet you and Gea and we can continue at MGFIM, see you there :thumbsu: