Free Bacon sarnies & Tea/Coffee

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
cath's mg
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MGF

Free Bacon sarnies & Tea/Coffee

Post by cath's mg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Now that I have hopefully got a few people reading this cry for help :(
I need some help with adjusting the windows on Cath's MGF. We put the hardtop on yesterday and the drivers side window did not seal as it should.
Just got home today and was summoned by Cath to have a look at the car, for some reason the gap around the window has got a lot worse.
Cath is not a happy lady :rant:
I tried to adjust the windows when she first got the car and after making things a lot worse it took me hours to get them back to how they were :evil:
So here's the deal
Anyone who has a bit of spare time either Saturday or Sunday to help adjust the windows will be rewarded with as many bacon sarnies (homemade bread or rolls) they can handle and as much tea or coffee they can drink. ;)

Cath has just read this and made me add, that if we can get it sorted, I have got to get my boxes of bits and pieces out from their hiding place for you to rummage through :( :(

Thanks in anticipation
Gary :thumbsu:
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

john1964

Re: Free Bacon sarnies & Tea/Coffee

Post by john1964 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Damn it,if only I was technically minded...love bacon sarnies!!!

Barred
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by Barred » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:40 pm

You don't mention that they actually have to fix the dammed thing though... Good Luck .
Do not invert, contents liable to spill.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm away this weekend Gary, otherwise would have loved to help. I am very good at making window alignments worse than they were. :lol:

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:46 pm

john1964 wrote:Damn it,if only I was technically minded...love bacon sarnies!!!
Hi John, I don't think you need to be technically minded, just bloody stubborn. I still have the "How to guide " from when I attempted it before.
If your about pop by.

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Rob Bell wrote:I'm away this weekend Gary, otherwise would have loved to help. I am very good at making window alignments worse than they were. :lol:
Hi Rob, same here :?
Have a good weekend.

bigmac
MGF Register Region: South Coast

Post by bigmac » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:46 pm

" bits and pieces out from their hiding place for you to rummage through"

all that and a bacon sarni too----i'm in love already

quick_spider
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Post by quick_spider » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:00 pm

If you fancy a run out to Tebworth I can help adjust the windows in tomorrow morning.

Jon

purplebargeken
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Post by purplebargeken » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 am

Cath/Gary, I can't help this weekend but could pop over next Sunday. My windows are in a similar state, only vaguely in the same postcode as the rest of the car to be honest. Silly things.

I am sure we could have a mini tech day sorting the things out for Gary and Cath as they are very nice people, whaddya reckon folks?

Ken
1965 Volvo 'Amazon', TR7 powered Triumph Toledo, Triumph 1500 FWD and a modern 1.6 Beetle. My name is Ken and I am a caraholic. There is no cure. Thankfully!

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:06 am

purplebargeken wrote:Cath/Gary, I can't help this weekend but could pop over next Sunday. My windows are in a similar state, only vaguely in the same postcode as the rest of the car to be honest. Silly things.

I am sure we could have a mini tech day sorting the things out for Gary and Cath as they are very nice people, whaddya reckon folks?

Ken
Hi Ken, thanks for the offer but im not about next weekend, Ill try and get in touch with Jon (quick-spider) and see if im not to late to pop over to him.

Thanks again

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:09 am

quick_spider wrote:If you fancy a run out to Tebworth I can help adjust the windows in tomorrow morning.

Jon
Hi Jon, that's really good of you, it will take me about an hour to get to you. Ill PM you my number, hopefully it wont be to late when you read this !!!!

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Just a quick message to say THANK YOU so much to JON for sorting out my car window. Gary just phoned and said what a brilliant and quick job Jon did.

I owe you bacon sarnies Jon.

Thanks once again.

Cath n Gary

purplebargeken
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Post by purplebargeken » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:32 pm

That's great news! Don't s'pose you're any good with side windows and soft top seals are you Jon? Mine are errrrr, somewhat vague in the sealing department.

Ken
1965 Volvo 'Amazon', TR7 powered Triumph Toledo, Triumph 1500 FWD and a modern 1.6 Beetle. My name is Ken and I am a caraholic. There is no cure. Thankfully!