Mike Satur Hydragas Valves

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
John SS
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: 2000 MGF VVC

Re: Mike Satur Hydragas Valves

Post by John SS » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:38 am

[quote="alect"Trevor turned my spheres around in a couple of days.[/quote]
Err, who is 'Trevor'?

alect
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGF 1.8 VVC

Post by alect » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 am

Sorry not Trevor ( for some reason I have Trevor in my head, old age!) Its Kevin based in Stockport he can be contacted on mgfhydragas@gmail.com

CubMG
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 2001 MGF

Post by CubMG » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Kevin has the original Dunlop charging rig ,he saved it from the dump £27 each as opposed to £350 to have your spheres drilled and welded if you do it yourself . Some one found a no loss valve for a couple of quid add a hydraulic test set for £23 and you have a cheap Hydrolastic pump .
Mondeo Ghia with Zetec S bodykit ,MGF mk 2 ,Morris Minor Bikes C90mg ,Piaggio Xevo +4 others :?

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:48 pm

CubMG wrote:Kevin has the original Dunlop charging rig ,he saved it from the dump
Wow!
(a) that's quite a find and
(b) it is amazing he knew what he was looking at
:thumbsu:

Did Kevin work for Dunlop before the Hydragas facility was closed down in the early 2000s?

ste_no1
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by ste_no1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Ive also got my spheres regassed by kevin but not had chance to test them yep . From speaking to him when dropping off and collecting them he seems very knowledgeable about the hydragas system so wouldnt surprise me if he had worked there before.

CubMG
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 2001 MGF

Post by CubMG » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:40 pm

In Kevin`s own words from his Ebay sales page,
I am a Mechanical Design Engineer with over 30 years industrial experience in the Gas Meter, Compressed Gas, Refrigeration, Automotive sectors , designing and manufacturing “Sealed For Life” Gas Envelopes, Including, many years ago, working with the OEM’s to Dunlop that supplied the original manufacturing / test equipment. I also happen to be a MGF enthusiast .

Over the past 5 years I have refilled dozens of Hydragas Units for fellow MGF enthusiast BUT only on a direct and discrete basis “borrowing” the critical equipment at the weekends . I have now acquired what was once a very expensive but now redundant equipment, saving it from the Scrap Man, re-tooling it such that I can now offer this service to all MGF / Metro / 100 owners
Mondeo Ghia with Zetec S bodykit ,MGF mk 2 ,Morris Minor Bikes C90mg ,Piaggio Xevo +4 others :?

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 pm

CubMG wrote:In Kevin`s own words from his Ebay sales page,
I am a Mechanical Design Engineer with over 30 years industrial experience in the Gas Meter, Compressed Gas, Refrigeration, Automotive sectors , designing and manufacturing “Sealed For Life” Gas Envelopes, Including, many years ago, working with the OEM’s to Dunlop that supplied the original manufacturing / test equipment. I also happen to be a MGF enthusiast .

Over the past 5 years I have refilled dozens of Hydragas Units for fellow MGF enthusiast BUT only on a direct and discrete basis “borrowing” the critical equipment at the weekends . I have now acquired what was once a very expensive but now redundant equipment, saving it from the Scrap Man, re-tooling it such that I can now offer this service to all MGF / Metro / 100 owners
:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Now that's what I call AWESOME :D