Breaking 43k 2005 MG TF 160

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
cavaddict
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere

Re: Breaking 43k 2005 MG TF 160

Post by cavaddict » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Gonna be needing the bonnet too :-) Hotel is booked, see you Saturday.

Woody
MGF Register Region: Scotland

Post by Woody » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Good stuff, where have you booked?

Do you need the slam panel that the bonnet latches into as well (holds the rad in place)? will leave it until Saturday to work out a full price :lol:

cavaddict

Post by cavaddict » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Have booking into a place at Kilmarnock...was the only place with a big enough car park lol!! Will check about the slam panel, but if it's a bolt in part, i dont think i'll need it as i don't think the damage has got that far. Still....i will check.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

I'd certainly be interested in the front and rear subframes, complete, as a 'dry conversion' - but you being in Scotland and me being at the other end of the Isle is going to make this quite a logistical challenge - and also for you where it comes to moving the body about! :lol:

The shell looks very straight by the way - could it be re-used, and do you have the V5?

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Rob Bell wrote:I'd certainly be interested in the front and rear subframes, complete, as a 'dry conversion' - but you being in Scotland and me being at the other end of the Isle is going to make this quite a logistical challenge - and also for you where it comes to moving the body about! :lol:

The shell looks very straight by the way - could it be re-used, and do you have the V5?

Cavaddict picked up the shell on Saturday. :thumbsu:

Still have the rear subframe complete with, well, everything..... let me know if you want the frame itself as I was eyeing it up with the grinder yesterday to make getting the engine out (with no crane) easier.

cavaddict

Post by cavaddict » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Quick sideline here....what is this 'dry conversion' i keep reading about?

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm

cavaddict wrote:Quick sideline here....what is this 'dry conversion' i keep reading about?

MGF's have hydrolastic 'wet' suspension with front-rear interconnected displacers in place of the coil springs (basically).

TF's have normal 'dry' coil spring & damper suspension units.

The TF's also have soils subframe mounts and a much more sophisticated rear suspension arrangement.

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:56 am

Woody wrote:Cavaddict picked up the shell on Saturday. :thumbsu:

Still have the rear subframe complete with, well, everything..... let me know if you want the frame itself as I was eyeing it up with the grinder yesterday to make getting the engine out (with no crane) easier.
Phew - Cavaddict saved me that temptation then! :lol:

How much will you accept for the complete rear frame? I was thinking 60quid - but I still need to work out how to get it down south!

tikkathreebarrels
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: MGF my2000

Post by tikkathreebarrels » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 pm

4 pot brakes delivered today - as described, thank you.

Woody

Post by Woody » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:15 am

tikkathreebarrels wrote:4 pot brakes delivered today - as described, thank you.
Thanks. :thumbsu:

Woody

Post by Woody » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 am

Rob Bell wrote:
Woody wrote:Cavaddict picked up the shell on Saturday. :thumbsu:

Phew - Cavaddict saved me that temptation then! :lol:

How much will you accept for the complete rear frame? I was thinking 60quid - but I still need to work out how to get it down south!
Depends what you mean by complete... with hubs, arms, suspension units, mounts and shafts they're making £200 on ebay, mine is listed earlier here at £150. Shafts are worth around £60 for the pair seperatly.

For just the subframe, £60 would be more in order.

If I do chop it up, I'll have the arm/shaft/hub assemblies available anyway and I'll probably remove the solid mounts incase anyone wants them.

Might just keep a hub as it'll let me stick my buckled beyond use Elise wheel (the S1 uses the same flanges and bearings)on the wall as a hose reel :)

cavaddict

Post by cavaddict » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:34 pm

I'll have a spare front subframe here when i've done all my transferring :-)

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:46 pm

I don't think I need shafts, but there again, I haven't researched whether the F and TF use different shaft lengths (which is possible given the difference in suspension geometry). Okay, I was thinking the whole complete thing, so I guess 150 is more reasonable. I am sure we could throw a spare hub I have here into the mix so you can have your hose reel :lol: And cavaddict, would be interested in the front subframe when your finished with it :D

Hmm, still not sure how to collect them - I've had a subframe in the boot of the ZTT before - but that one was bare of all suspension. I think that this may be a trailer hire job...

Woody

Post by Woody » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Rob Bell wrote:I don't think I need shafts, but there again, I haven't researched whether the F and TF use different shaft lengths (which is possible given the difference in suspension geometry). Okay, I was thinking the whole complete thing, so I guess 150 is more reasonable. I am sure we could throw a spare hub I have here into the mix so you can have your hose reel :lol: And cavaddict, would be interested in the front subframe when your finished with it :D

Hmm, still not sure how to collect them - I've had a subframe in the boot of the ZTT before - but that one was bare of all suspension. I think that this may be a trailer hire job...

The arms/hubs etc... Are coming off anyway to get the engine & box out, so would go in the ZTT boot also.Will need a couple of ball joints now anyway as they just spun on removal and got the chop. If you want it and will travel etc..., I'll keep it and come to some agreement. As cav addict says, he should have the matching front subframe as well. :thumbsu:

I think the shafts will be the same; can believe how mini derived it all is!

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:56 am

Cost cutting at its best Woody :lol:

jomojo@hotmail.co.uk

Post by jomojo@hotmail.co.uk » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi.
Very interested in the seats, both of them, if in good order........
Also, the facia unit, which houses the radio and switchgear/gauge/clock: would hope the switches and clocks are included.......
And, the vent units, the three of them, plus the blanking plate for the passenger air bag.

I live close to you, just north of Dumfries, DG3 4HD, so would be keen to get up and get the bits......
My phone number is 01848 200 451 or 079 2112 4080.

May also be some other bits and bobs I will be interested in, like the roof!

Hope to hear back asap: just got a TF, following swapping my F, and its a wee bit rough round the edges, kind of thing, and needs sorting.