A unique MGF for sale (SOLD)

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

A unique MGF for sale (SOLD)

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:48 pm

Mainly due to the fact I have done everything to my car I am looking to something new.

I would dearly love to keep my F but I can only put one at a time in my garage and that's important, so it is with trepidation I offer it for sale here as I would prefer it to go to an enthusiast who appreciates the work that has been done to this car.

I purchased it in December 2004 and have not stopped improving it since then. Many thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours have been spent on it since then. It is a multi award winner at shows in the UK and Europe, it starred at MGF10 and has featured twice in MG Enthusiast magazine. It is always garaged, there are no marks at all on the very special hood, which is just 13 months old.

The paint work is absolutely excellent, nearly £1000 has been spent on it this year to profesionally remove stone chips and any signs of paint depreciation, there is no rust. The wheels have been refurbished to mint sparkle silver and the tyres are all new this year.

"Good" MGF's are still going for nearly £5000 on the various web-sites and dealers are asking similar, therefore I could not let this go for stupid money, it's too much a part of me.

It will be serviced the week before sale, it is always looked after by British Legends and a full 12 month MoT will be given for peace of mind although it's not due yet. It currently runs with a de-cat pipe but a new cat could be included if it's required. It has a full service history with many bills included, as well as the full service every year it has an interim service and oil change every six months. The head gasket has been replaced and s/steel dowels were fitted. There is a full set of colour coordinated mud flaps (supplied off the car). Being a MK2 (MY2000) it has the updated dash with adjustable steering column, electrically operable and heated door mirrors, colour keyed windscreen surround and two cup holders under the leather centre box lid. There are no interior water leaks and the windows close very well to the stops (the drivers side is new in 2008).

The registration is not included (it is valued by a PNDA agent at around £800) but it could be subject to an agreed price.

The take away price I'm asking for is now £4250 (from £4750), all I will take off is the Parrot hands free kit kit.

Details are here :

Date of Registration : 29th September 2000
Colour : Sienna Gold
Trim : Walnut with cream leather, beige carpet, matching tan tonneau cover
History/ facts : The car is used extensively, all year round, on MGCC & MGOC events in the UK and particularly on European Tours. The interior was all black with brown fabric seats when purchased in December 2004. I am the 4th owner of this car.
Annual mileage : 14,000 miles / 22,500 km’s (currently 74,000 miles)

Modifications :

Krafthaus front air splitter and boot lid spoiler (quality Brown & Gammons units, not E Bay cheapies).
Front fog lights
HID Xenon 6000K headlights (the whitest light possible)
Stainless steel woven mesh all round with extras fitted at the rear behind the exhaust and in the boot apertures
Mint condition 7.5” x 17” Alessio Alaska wheels with new Toyo Proxes T1-R tyres 205/40x17 front, 215/40x17 rear
Red MG branded four pot AP brake callipers with 305mm front discs
Both rear brake calipers are within two years old
Stainless steel braided brake hoses, brake servo support bracket, new brake fluid 2008
Grooved and drilled rear discs
Blue Flame performance exhaust, de-cat pipe and Piper 4-2-1 manifold
52mm aluminium throttle body
Stainless steel coolant pipes and aluminium radiator (both 2008) with Mike Satur's air duct kit for concentrated air flow
Pipercross Viper carbon fibre fully enclosed air induction kit
Suspension lowering pins with poly bushes on the rear
B&G's Low level water sensor with visual (built in to the blank space on the dash) and audible warnings
Black mesh wind stop with matching cream leather trim
Unique two tone Sportster Hood in walnut & cream with glass heated rear window
Colour keyed interior components : include the speakers, door pull surrounds and heater knobs.
Colour keyed exterior components : high level brake light surround, windscreen scuttle panel, headlight housings, side vent tubes, fuel filler centre and fog light surrounds
Walnut and cream leather seats with seat back pockets
Extensive walnut interior and cream leather matching components including steering wheel, solid centre console, gear selector surround (one of only two finished this way), heater switches surround panel, radio surround, all air vents, door kick plate surrounds, speedo housing, footwell triangles and MG logo on dash
Mike Satur Slick Shift 4 gear selection system with hand made wood MG badged gear knob
Illuminated engine starter button
DAB radio stereo system with Parrot Bluetooth hands free car phone kit
MG branded pedals with colour keyed foot rest
Black “Lexus” style rear light clusters
Chrome hood clamps, fuel filler cap surround and many under bonnet parts
Red “door open” warning lights on both doors with additional reflectors
Aluminium seat belt tidy’s and matching cream leather seat belt pads
Multi socket adaptor for accessories such as mobile phone charger, TomTom sat-nav charger, dvd player
Four hidden blue led’s behind the radiator grilles, switcheable from inside
Engraved chrome ashtray "MG Goodasgold unique in the UK 1/1"
New distributor cap and rotor arm, platinum tipped spark plugs and blue Magnecor 8.5mm leads all fitted 2008.
Most nuts/bolts/washers replaced with stainless steel items

Of course, it goes without saying any test will be acceptable and any professional inspection welcome, the car can be delivered subject to suitable return expenses.

Drop me a line or call 07824 665728 if you are interested or you have any questions.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

AndyG
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: ZTT 400 - 2 x ZS180

Re: A unique MGF for sale

Post by AndyG » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:35 pm

That is such a Beautiful Car. :thumbsu:

:twisted:
F Trophy 160++ Now sold.
ZTT SE 400 SHM Block. "Super Brick"
ZS 180 Trophy Blue x 2
Triumph SpeedTriple 955i

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:49 am

Having seen this car in the flesh, it's better than the pictures can do it justice.
What are you going to replace it with or as you have retired do you have to much time on your hands?
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

Nigel H

Post by Nigel H » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:56 am

Even I felt a pang when I read this post. Goodasgold's passing is going to leave a big hole in your heart, Adrian. I'm sure she will not be waiting long for a new owner.

ErikB
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF PTP RT-Sport 165

Post by ErikB » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:13 am

Just mailed Adrian as I am completely shocked.

Bruno
Model of Car: Modified MGF VVC 180

Post by Bruno » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:06 pm

:o Shocked is the least you can say, why selling such a nice car, knowing that you are not going to leave the scene, what are you buying in place. The new car can't be as perfect as this one...
- VOLCANO MGF '180' VVC
- 8-On-Track racers : MG ZR 2.0 VGK racer / Rover 114 Cupracer white / Rover 114 cupracer Evo yellow

mark lucas
Model of Car: mgfvvc

Post by mark lucas » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:53 pm

You joke me WHY?

Mark
Regional Rep for Essex, and your friendly contact for this
area

Essex Roadsters... we have TWO meetings
each month.
First Thursday of the month at the Dick Turpin on the A127
and
Third Thursday of the month at the Halfway House on the
A127.

DavidT6DCM
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: MGTF 160

Post by DavidT6DCM » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Don't think Adrian will be buying a new LE500 after his not to glowing a report on it after his test drive that wouldn't make sense,i bet it's either a very nice 160 he's found or a Saloon MG,an SV perhaps?? :D Dave

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Quite right Dave, the new LE500 was such a disappointment to me. To see my 8 year old F disappearing in to the distance while I couldn't keep up with the new car was a surprise.

An SV, lovely but too expensive to run with my annual mileage and the roof would be a job to drop.

You'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the many mails I have received, I didn't know so many people cared, I hope the new owner (whoever that may be) looks after it and attends some of our events.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

DavidT6DCM
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: MGTF 160

Post by DavidT6DCM » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Can't wait to see what it is Adrian :D

Bigfootmgf
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8

Post by Bigfootmgf » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Have you allready found the replacement car?
Paul

Mod's cost money that you don't have or you could have if you did not have mods!

Bigfootmgf youtube Channel
SE MGF Facebook page

Bruno
Model of Car: Modified MGF VVC 180

Post by Bruno » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:21 pm

I hope it still will be an MG ;)
- VOLCANO MGF '180' VVC
- 8-On-Track racers : MG ZR 2.0 VGK racer / Rover 114 Cupracer white / Rover 114 cupracer Evo yellow

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:42 am

Bruno wrote:I hope it still will be an MG ;)
Absolutely! :)

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:02 pm

It will be an MG for sure.

I may bite the bullet and buy what I'm looking for and wait for recoup when I sell the F or I may wait until I sell the F first, we'll have to see. It's about finding the right car first.

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 pm

I was shocked when I saw the title, but have been where Adrian currently is and appreciate and empathise with the descision Adrian has made. I sold my Triumph fleet (2.5S, unrestored good condition low mileage 1600 Vitesse and my pride & joy Vitesse Mk2 Convertible which was tuned to 135bhp) in order to get my TF.

Do I regret it no? do I miss the convertible Vitesse? Yes lots!

I am considering changing my ZS 115 Turbo diesel (my day to day car) for either another TF (would need to be a 2005MY 160) of a special edition F. I could snap Adrian's hand off here, but your car deserves a better home than I could give it Adrian, as it will be stored outside, and subjected to salt and all other poor conditions.

Good luck Adrian - it deserves to go to a good home, and the price seems good!

Looking forward to seeing your new MG soon!

8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks Col (and others).

I may need to advertise the car properly soon as I may have found what I'm looking for (in fact it is being viewed tomorrow by Steve, cheers mate) he lives very near to where it is so it saves me a trip there.

Therefore the price is very negotiable as I don't really want to strip parts of it as I don't want to sell it on the general market in it's current condition and set-up.

Mark L
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by Mark L » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:55 am

A sad day Adrian..... :(

Fully understand the reasons though as this was how I got with my last F and TF, ie you think you've taken it as far as possible and want a new challenge.

Interestingly, as you know my first F was wrote off a few weeks ago and the couple who owned her were looking for another F that was a little 'different' to replace it, sadly they couldn't find anything and have ended up getting an MX ( :cry: ).......... a week later and your F would have most certainly been parked on their drive now!.. :(

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi Mark, nice to hear from you again, hows Debs ?

Never mind , that's life I guess, I'm in no rush to sell but if I do find the one want, it will have to go or sit outside under a cover on the drive, which I don't want.

There's not much on it that's not more than a couple of years old, if it has to go on Auto Trader or such, I will take parts off of it such as wheels and tyres, air filter, exhaust and manifold. I'll transplant some of them or sell seperately.

It's a shame as it's such a sweet runner too with great torque, handling and brakes to match. Maybe an owner upgrading from a MK1 to a MY2000 if not a new person to the marque.

adrianclifford

Re: A unique MGF for sale (PRICE REDUCED !!)

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:43 pm

I am close to buying the replacement now so I need the garage space, therefore I have reduced the price to a level that should be of interest.

I have also updated the information and pictures.